We are pleased to announce the new High Achievers Scholarship, which rewards eligible prospective international students joining a full-time undergraduate degree at De Montfort University (DMU) in September 2021.
The scholarship offers a £5,000 fee reduction or a full fee waiver to International students who have achieved a score of 75% or above in their previous studies. This award is only applicable for the first year of a full-time undergraduate course at the university.
The closing date to apply for the scholarship is midnight on Friday 16 July 2021 for students commencing their studies in September 2021. A selection committee will meet to select the recipients and all candidates will be notified of the outcome.
If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact email@example.com, we will be happy to assist you.
- Hold an offer of admission from DMU for a full-time, undergraduate course starting September 2021 only.
- To be assessed as an international fee payer.
- To have achieved 75% or above in your high school or equivalent studies to be eligible for a £5,000 scholarship or 80% or above in your high school or equivalent studies to be eligible for a full fee wavier.
To be considered your application form should cover the following areas:
- Passion in advocating for education.
- How you would make a positive contribution to DMU and the community in its efforts towards education.
- How a DMU education would help you in the future.
Terms and Conditions
- The international High Achievers Scholarship is available to new international students starting on a full-time undergraduate course of study. The value of the award is determined from time to time, and will be advertised on the university website. Interested applicants should contact DMU if they have any further queries
- To be eligible, an applicant must (i) have received an offer to study on a full-time undergraduate course starting in September 2021 and (ii) have accepted their offer to study.
- Students can apply for the High Achievers Scholarship once they have received a conditional offer from DMU. Please visit the scholarships and discounts page of the DMU website for updates regarding the availability of scholarships and discounts.
- Applications must be made through the online scholarship’s web form by midnight of the published closing date. Applications received after this deadline will not be considered.
- The scholarship is only available to students who are assessed by DMU as having overseas international student status and who pay overseas international rate tuition fees.
- Awards will not be applied to courses with fees lower than the lowest standard international fee.
- International Year Zero, International First Year and Incorporated Master’s applicants are not eligible for De Montfort University discounts or scholarships, but may be eligible to apply for DMU International College awards.
- The award of this scholarship is at the discretion of the selection panel.
- DMU will use its website to advertise the terms and conditions in relation to this award.
- Successful scholarship recipients will be notified by email, it is a student’s responsibility to check their email for notifications. Students awarded scholarships will have their awards applied automatically when they enrol.
- All International Scholarship awards will be given as tuition fee remissions and will only be awarded during the first year of study. Students will not be eligible to have the award applied in subsequent years of study including repeated first year.
- The High Achievers Scholarship award is not transferable and cannot be deferred to an earlier or later start date.
- A student can only be in receipt of one De Montfort University scholarship. Students who meet the eligibility criteria for more than one of the scholarships will be awarded the scholarship which is the most beneficial to them. Beneficial scholarship will be decided by DMU. Only one scholarship per student per course will be applied.
- No cash alternatives will be offered.
- Awards cannot be transferred to another recipient.
- Only self‐funded students are eligible for scholarships and discounts. Students in receipt of any type of sponsorship or third-party funding will not be eligible.
- DMU reserves the right to cancel any award at any time which has been claimed fraudulently including on the basis of provision of false information to claim the award, and to apply the full tuition fee. If an award is found to have been claimed fraudulently, the award amount will be added to the student’s university account and must be paid in full before the end of the student’s course.
- Where a student who has been awarded the High Achievers Scholarship terminates or interrupts their studies prior to the completion of their first year of study, the award will be pro‐rated, based on the student’s last date of attendance.
- Recipients of a scholarship or discount must have no outstanding debt to the university at the point of the High Achievers Scholarship being awarded.
- By accepting the Scholarship, students agree to accept these full terms, conditions and rules of the scholarship and agree to abide by the University rules and any requirements and/or proceedings issued by DMU in relation to the scholarship.