Up to £15,000 of tuition fee
Scholarships available: 30+
Based on the eligibility criteria below, these scholarships will be awarded to Full-time MBA offer holders who:
- can demonstrate they bring outstanding experience, this will include a significant amount of postgraduate work experience in roles demonstrating a high level of managerial responsibility
- have an impressive academic record – MBA candidates with only the minimum number of years of work experience required must include extra-curricular activities on their application
- have the potential to contribute and enrich all aspects of the MBA programme, including the diverse academic and cultural profile of the MBA cohort
- can demonstrate involvement in volunteering and/or community support activity
- can demonstrate how they have provided a supportive, inclusive environment and/or built a culture of belonging, by actively inviting the contribution and participation of all people ie projects, group work, events etc.
- can tell us, as a global citizen, how they will create, share and use their knowledge to deliver equitable and sustainable futures around the world.
- have the potential to become an outstanding future alumni ambassador and contribute positively back to the School, organisations and communities.
Terms and Conditions
To be considered for one of Durham University Business School's Full-time MBA Scholarships (tuition fee discounts) applicants must:
- Complete the appropriate programme application process in full and be in receipt of a conditional offer by offer deadlines specified.
- Be available to take up their programme place in the 2021/22 academic year.
- Be willing to participate and cooperate in marketing and communications activities for the School. This may include testimonials and public relations opportunities, as well as being involved in and attending Open Events, Webinars or being a class representative.
- Be completely self-funding in order to be eligible for this tuition fee discount. Where fees are paid by an employer, private provider or government body, applicants will not be considered for a scholarship. Failure to disclose external funding will invalidate any scholarship offering.
- Scholarship (tuition fee discount) covers the standard completion timescales of our programmes.
- Scholarships (tuition fee discounts) are not transferable and not deferrable. They are valid only for use by scholarship winners in the academic year for which the scholarship has been awarded. Applicants who choose to defer entry will be considered for scholarships available in the year of entry. Acceptance of a scholarship before deferral does not guarantee a scholarship offer during the subsequent year of entry.
- No separate application is required. Once an offer of a place is made to an applicant, they will automatically be considered for a scholarship without the need for a separate application process to be completed.
- Only successful candidates will be notified of scholarship (tuition fee discount) decisions.
- Scholarship (tuition fee discount) decisions are at the discretion of the School and all decisions are final.
- There is no cash alternative to be offered if a place on the programme is not taken up.
Withdrawal or Suspension of Studies:
- Scholars who withdraw from their scholarship commitments or from the University will have all future scholarship payments cancelled.
- If you withdraw, at any point during the teaching term, scholarship payments which have already been made will be reclaimed on a pro-rata basis. Under exceptional circumstances, this decision can be reviewed by the Faculty Executive Dean and approval given for the student to retain any overpayments.
Suspension of Studies
- Scholars who suspend their scholarship commitments or academic studies will have all future scholarship payments cancelled.
- If you suspend, at any point during the teaching term, scholarship payments which have already been made will be reclaimed on a pro-rata basis. Under exceptional circumstances, this decision can be reviewed by the Faculty Executive Dean and approval given for the student to retain any overpayments. The remaining yearly balance will be payable on resumption of academic and scholarship commitments.