The University of Huddersfield are pleased to invite applications for the Southeast Asian Scholarships.
A number of scholarships are available for self-funded students undertaking a full-time taught Master’s or Bachelor degrees. We are looking for exceptional students with outstanding academic records and career aspirations.
All scholarship applicants must be holding a valid conditional offer of a place on their chosen course of study.
- Reduction in tuition fees, ranging from £1,000 to £8,000.
- Eligible programmes – full-time taught Master's or Bachelors degrees in Huddersfield Business School, School of Education & Professional Development, School of Art, Design & Architecture, School of Computing and Engineering, School of Applied Sciences and School of Music, Humanities and Media.
- Must be an applicant originating and domiciled in one of the following countries: Vietnam, Singapore, Laos, Cambodia, Myanmar.
- Process requires a separate application to the University following receipt of an offer of a place – see application procedure for full requirements.
- Available for January 2020, September 2020, and January 2021 intakes.
- For more information, please contact our Regional Director, Ms. Le Thi Xuan on firstname.lastname@example.org. Tel: +84 904 362 145.
Eligibility and General Regulations
- The Southeast Asia scholarships are to be awarded to self-funded, full-fee paying students originating and domiciled in one of the following countries: Vietnam, Singapore, Laos, Cambodia, Myanmar.
- Students must have already applied to study on a full-time postgraduate taught course or undergraduate bachelor degree programme at the University of Huddersfield.
- Applicants will be considered on the basis of their GPA, CV, experience and a mandatory interview with the regional University Office Representative or member of the International Office in the UK.
- Applicants must be in receipt of an offer of a place on a full-time taught Master's or Bachelor degree in one of the following academic schools:
- Huddersfield Business School
- School of Education & Professional Development
- School of Art, Design and Architecture
- School of Computing and Engineering
- School of Applied Sciences
- School of Music, Humanities and Media.
- Applicants who are in receipt of any donor funding or government/company sponsorships will not be eligible for this scholarship.
- Current Huddersfield students progressing from Bachelors to Masters directly are not eligible.
- The scholarship scheme is competitive.
- The submission of falsified or counterfeit documents will disqualify the applicant from consideration. Personal statements which are found to be plagiarised or copied will also result in disqualification.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- The decision of the awarding panel is final.
- This scholarship cannot be combined with any other scholarships awarded by the University or any other external parties.
- Students who do not pay their 50% deposit to confirm their scholarship by the quoted deadline date will lose the scholarship and be charged the published tuition fee.
To apply for this scholarship, you will need:
- Upon recieving an offer from Huddersfield, eligible offer holders will be contacted by the Vietnam office and invited for an interview. A copy of the University offer letter indicating that you have been offered a place on a full-time Master's or Bachelor degrees in one of the academic schools offering the scholarship.
- A copy of your curriculum vitae (CV).
- A personal statement indicating why you should be awarded the scholarship. Indicate how obtaining the degree will benefit your own career ambitions. This supporting statement should not be over 500 words in total.
- An interview with the University Representative.
All full applications need to be sent to Ms. Le Thi Xuan, the University of Huddersfield’s Regional Director - on email@example.com
- The scholarship will be awarded based on first come first serve basis. This requires students to send the scholarship application package as soon as they receive the offer letter.
- The result will be announced to the students individually 5 – 7 working days after interview.
- After receiving the offer of a scholarship, students will need to confirm the scholarship by paying 50% of remaining tuition fee (after deducting the scholarship) within 2 weeks of the date quoted on the scholarship award letter.