Round 1: 31st March 2021 23:59 GMT
Round 2: 31st May 2021 23:59 GMT
Applicants for this scholarship will need to demonstrate the following:
- Students must have at least AAA at A level or equivalent overseas qualification
- Submitted a formal application for an undergraduate degree programme at the University of Kent, due to start in September 2021
- Received a formal offer of a place (conditional or unconditional) for their chosen programme of study
- The University must have received confirmation of the applicant's firm acceptance of the offer by the deadline date. Students who choose Kent as their insurance place will not be eligible for this Scholarship.
Please note this scholarship is available to overseas fee-paying students only. EU students made an offer with the lower EU fee-rate for September 2021 are not eligible for this award.
The University has a long tradition of welcoming international students from around the world and is pleased to be able to offer a number of scholarships for entry at undergraduate level.
There are a total of up to 20 awards available which will be paid towards the cost of tuition fees and are offered to nationals of any country paying overseas fees.
There are two entry points for this scholarship. Applicants unable to submit an application or are unsuccessful in Round 1 of scholarships are encouraged to submit again in Round 2.
How to apply
Applications for the International Scholarship should be made via your applicant portal.
You will only be able to submit an application for this scholarship via your portal once you have received an offer from the University of Kent.
In order be considered for this scholarship, you will need to submit:
- A personal statement of no more than 500 words outlining:
“why you feel you should be awarded the scholarship and how you might support Kent in its efforts as a global institution.”
This document should be uploaded in word or pdf format only, other formats will be rejected.
Scholarships will be shortlisted based on academic achievement to date. Final decisions will also take into consideration your full programme application and the statement provided.
The final recruitment and selection panel(s) will take place on the following dates:
- Round 1: Week Commencing 26 April 2021
- Round 2: Week Commencing 21 June 2021
Applicants will be notified of the final decision shortly thereafter. If successful, scholarship offer must be accepted within 4 weeks of award.
The University of Kent reserves the right not to allocate the awards if the selection panel identifies no suitable candidates.
The International Scholarship is subject to full University of Kent Scholarship Terms and Conditions, which will be provided to successful candidates at the point of award.