|Scholarship Name||DMU International Scholarship|
|Scholarship amount||Up to £3,000 Per Year|
|Scholarship Deadline||1 November 2023|
We are proud to present the International Scholarship Award for 2023-2024, which rewards eligible prospective international students joining a full-time or part-time undergraduate and postgraduate taught degree at De Montfort University (DMU) in September 2023.
The scholarship offers a fee reduction, please see the tables below for a full breakdown. This award is only applicable to international students who meet the criteria in the table below.
Students commencing their studies at DMU in the first year of an undergraduate course could benefit from an international scholarship if they meet the requirements in the below table:
Year 1 entry to DMU on an undergraduate course
Year 2 entry to DMU on an undergraduate course
Year 3 entry to DMU on an undergraduate course
Terms and Conditions
1. An International Scholarship Award is available to new international students starting on a full-time or part-time undergraduate or postgraduate taught course of study. The value of the award is determined from time to time, and will be advertised on the university website.
2. To be eligible, an applicant must (i) have received an offer to study on a full-time course or part-time course, starting in September 2023 or January 2024 and (ii) have accepted their offer, and (iii) have paid a deposit by the date stated in the table on the international scholarship page.
3. The International Scholarship Award is applied once the deposit payment has been made and a conditional offer from DMU has been received. Please visit the scholarships and discounts page of the DMU website for updates regarding the availability of scholarships and discounts.
4. International scholarships and discounts are only available to students who are assessed by DMU as having overseas international student status and who pay overseas international rate tuition fees.
5. Awards will not be applied to courses with fees lower than the lowest standard international fee.
6. International Year Zero, International First Year and Incorporated Master’s applicants are not eligible for De Montfort University discounts or scholarships, but may be eligible to apply for DMU International College awards.
7. Discounts are not available to students continuing and / or progressing from International Year Zero, International First Year and International Incorporated Master’s courses including DMU International College, to De Montfort University courses.
8. Decisions made by the DMU International Office regarding eligibility for all discounts and scholarships are final. Awards are made at the full and sole discretion of DMU.
9. DMU will use its website to advertise the terms and conditions in relation to this award.
10. The Scholarship will not be awarded to an applicant whose deposit payment is payed or received by DMU after the date stated in the table. DMU strongly advises all applicants to check the international scholarships and discounts webpages carefully before making a deposit payment.
11. All International Scholarship awards will be given as tuition fee remissions and will only be awarded during the first year of study. Students will not be eligible to have the award applied in subsequent years of study including repeated first year.
12. The International Scholarship award is not transferable and cannot be deferred to an earlier or later start date.
13. Postgraduate Research (PHD) applicants are not eligible for this scholarship.
14. A student can only be in receipt of one De Montfort University scholarship. Students who meet the eligibility criteria for more than one of the scholarships will be awarded the scholarship which is the most beneficial to them Beneficial scholarship will be decided by DMU. Only one scholarship per student per course will be applied.
15. No cash alternatives will be offered.
16. Awards cannot be transferred to another recipient.
20. Only self-funded students are eligible for scholarships and discounts. Students in receipt of any type of sponsorship or third-party funding will not be eligible.
21. DMU reserves the right to cancel any award at any time which has been claimed fraudulently including on the basis of provision of false information to claim the award, and to apply the full tuition fee. If an award is found to have been claimed fraudulently, the award amount will be added to the student’s university account and must be paid in full before the end of the student’s course.
22. Where a student who has been awarded the International Scholarship terminates or interrupts their studies prior to the completion of their first year of study, the award will be pro-rated, based on the student’s last date of attendance.
23. Recipients of a scholarship or discount must have no outstanding debt to the university at the point of the International Scholarship being awarded.
24. By accepting the Scholarship, students agree to accept these full terms, conditions and rules of the scholarship and agree to abide by the university rules and any requirements and/or proceedings issued by DMU in relation to the scholarship.
For all enquiries regarding international scholarships and discounts, please email your regional representive for any assistance.
add to favourites