For September 2023 entry onwards, eligible applicants can be considered for the Chancellor's Global Academic Merit Scholarship. This scholarship will take the form of a £3,000 fee reduction that will apply to your first year of study.
This scholarship is merit based and applicants will need to have applied and accepted their academic offer by 2 June 2023 (for September 2023 entry). To be considered, applicants will also need to complete this form as part of their application, again before 2 June 2023 (for September 2023 entry). Applications will then be considered by the University's scholarship panel and the successful candidates will be contacted by email to confirm their status.
If you are from one of the countries below, you will be eligible for this award:
||The Caribbean (including Dominican Republic)
Terms and Conditions for The Chancellor’s Global Academic Merit Scholarship.
- If you're studying an undergraduate course, you must be a self-funded student on a full-time, on campus, course with annual fees of £17,200 or above for September 2023 entry.
- If you're studying on a postgraduate research or postgraduate taught course, you must be a self-funded student on a full-time, on campus, course with annual fees of £17,200 or above for September 2023 entry.
- The scholarship is not available for students who have previously studied other courses at the University of Portsmouth, who will instead be allocated the alumni discount, provided they have successfully completed an eligible qualification.
- The scholarship is not available for ICP (International College Portsmouth) students.
- The scholarship will take the form of a £3,000 fee reduction, effective at the time of registration and will only apply to your first year of study.
- The scholarship cannot be combined with any other scholarship, discount or fee offer.
- The discounted fee will be stated on your Confirmation of Acceptance for Study (CAS). This is the final document you receive when you have an unconditional offer to study at the University of Portsmouth and have paid your deposit.
- Only applicants who have been assessed as overseas students for tuition fee purposes can access this scholarship.
- Due to the number of applications received, we are unable to offer individual feedback and only successful candidates will be contacted.